Postpartum Support International (PSI)
Volunteer organization spreading awareness about Postpartum mood and anxiety disorders and linking members to resources in their community.
San Diego extension of PSI - Postpartum Health Alliance
Warm line: (619) 254-0023
The Edinburgh Post Natal Depression Scale (EPDS)
(J.L. Cox, J.M. Holden, R. Sagovsky, Department of Psychiatry, University of Edinburgh)
Instructions: Click on the link below to complete the test. Please select the answer which comes closest to how you have felt in the past 7 days – not just how you feel today.
Please note: The EPDS is only a screening tool. It does not diagnose depression. Diagnosis can only be done by a licensed healthcare professional.
- Dropping the Baby and Other Scary Thoughts: Breaking The Cycle of Unwanted Thoughts in Motherhood by Amy Wenzel and Karen Kleinman, MSW
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by John M. Gottman, PH.D & Nan Silver
Rising Strong by Brene Brown
- This Isn't What I Expected: Overcoming Postpartum Depression by Karen Kleinman, MSW
- And Baby Makes Three: A Six Step Plan for Preserving Marital Intimacy and Rekindling Romance After Baby Arrives by John M. PH.D and Julie Schwartz Gottman, PH.D
- The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman